The UK's number 1 distributor of leading brand appliances, one of the 1000 companies to Inspire Britain, is looking to recruit a senior Financial controller.
The Financial Controller will support the Financial Director, assist the day to day accounting activities of the company and perform complex reconciliations.
• Assistant with the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Produce various reports
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Maintenance of the fixed assets
• Manage ledgers and payment runs
• Mentor the small accounts team
• Provide assistance with year-end duties
The successful applicant will become a trusted member of the business, allowing the Financial Director to focus on more commercial duties. You will be able to work with a high level autonomy in a busy, fast paced and some times challenging environment. You will be able to demonstrate a strong background within a similar accounting role, with strong experience performing complex reconciliations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an AAT qualified, part qualified ACCA/CIMA, for leading global organisation that is in the electrical appliance industry
A newly created position that has arisen due to year on year growth and is an opportunity to join a company that pride themselves on their high levels of staff retention and offer a clear support and development programme for the successful candidate.
You will report into and work closely with the Finance Business Partners; very commercial in nature, allowing exposure to key stakeholders and the wider finance team on a daily basis.
You will have a solid and proven accounting background, strong work ethic and will be looking to develop and grow with the business long term.
You will be responsible for...
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners on a daily basis in order to ensure all financial processes are reported accurately and to strict deadlines
- Assisting in the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts including providing calculations for month end reporting and accruals and prepayments
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations to assist with the preparation of the quarterly balance sheet files for audit review
- Assisting with the yearly budgeting process and working with the wider Finance team and other teams within the business
- Working on ad-hoc projects alongside the Finance Business Partners
- Overseeing the sales ledger function from start to finish, issuing out invoices, statements and carrying out reconciliations
- Dealing with queries and setting up new customers on the system and assisting with other areas of finance as and when required
The ideal candidate will...
- Have extremely good communication skills, will be confident presenting themselves to senior management and will be able to challenge ideas when needed
- Be able to develop and build relationships with customers both internal and external
- Ideally, be AAT ACCA/CIMA and keen to develop a career in finance
- Have experience of working within an accounting team and have an understanding of the demands of this type of role
- Be able to work within a fast paced, deadline orientated environment
- Have excellent attention to detail and will pick up new skills quickly
- Have strong Word and Excel skills
- Manage 5-6 staff members in the accounts office